Carving Creative Walking Sticks and Canes
Carving Creative Walking Sticks and Canes has thirteen projects for you to carve from wood. Author Paul Purnell guides you through the carvings with step-by-step illustared photos for the intermediate to advanced carvers. Paul provides insightful information on tools and materials for both hand and power carving, plus tips on selecting, storing, seasoning, and straightning the wood. The reader will learn detailed methods for joining a head to a shank, to barley twist and lyre-shaped thumb sticks.
Get creative and make your own walking sticks and canes with found wood!
Carving Creative Walking Sticks and Canes Projects:
- Multi-Wood Lyre-Shaped Thumb Stick.
- Barley Twist Thumb Stick.
- Lady's Half-Crook Walking Stick.
- Gentlemen's Dress Stick.
- English Cocker Spaniel Head Walking Stick.
- Black Swan Derby walking Stick.
- Fox Head walking Stick.
- Golden Eagle Derby Walking Stick.
- Common Pipistrelle Bat Walking Stick.
- Eurasian Woodcock Walking Stick.
- One-Piece Northern Shovler Hen Walking Stick.
- Yellow Labrador & Malleard Walking Stick.
- Mantling Barn Owl Walking Stick.
Carving Creative Walking Sticks and Canes Specifications:
- Soft Cover.
- 240 Pages.
- Author; Paul Purnell.