Lifelike Pyrography from Photographs
by Nedra Denison
Nedra Denison will guide you through Lifelike Pyrography from Photographs with step-by-step instructions for wood burning human portraits. Nedra gives you all the information that you need with basic instructions on supplies, burning tools and pens. You will learn about burning materials, such as what you can burn on, and proper preparation for burning. She leads you through creating your own pattern by turning the photograph into a pattern, then transferring it onto the wood. Discover how to start your burning with tips and tricks, burn in layers to give depth to your project, burning eyes, hair, fixing mistakes, adding color, sanding, finishing , care and feeding of your burner. Master your techniques using a light touch, temperature, lines and shading. You can see the progress from beginning to end on an animal portrait done from a photograph. This book contains a 42 page wood burning project of a portrait. There is a lot of good text explaining what is done to achieve results accompanied with a gallery of photos.
Pyrography Gallery and the Original Photographs include:
- Blaze the dog with his name tag on a Basswood Plate.
- Mel Gibson with a smirk on his face, wearing a leather jacket.
- Ben the little boy wearing a baseball cap backwards.
- Cat Under Blanket on basswood plank.
- American Pride , Eagle with a flag in the background.
- Madison with unkempt hair wearing a scarf.
- The Duke, John Wayne on basswood plate.
- President George Busch with flag in the background.
- Indi the boxer with sad eyes on basswood slab.
- North Head Lighthouse from Ilwaco WA.
Lifelike Pyrography from Photographs Book Specifications:
- Spiraled Softcover.
- 66 Pages.
- Author, Nedra Denison.