Stubai Full Size 45° V-Tool 12mm
This Stubai full size carving tool is a 45° V-Tool with 12mm cutting surfaces on each V. 12mm is about 1/2" wide. Stubai is made in the Stubai valley of Austria just outside of Innsbruck by artisans who have practiced the craft of knife making for years. Stubai tools are specially heat treated which guarantees the very best edge retention with a Rockwell HRc hardness of 58-60.
Stubai Full Size 45° V-Tool 12mm Specifications:
- Hand Sharpened Cutting Edge.
- Blade fully polished.
- Inside Sweeps are finely ground for easy sharpening.
- Top Quality special alloy steel for high edge-holding ability.
- Hand forged blade.
- Internal steel ferrule prevents handle from splitting.
- Otagonal Beechwood Handle.
- Long form chisel.
- Total tool length is about 10".
The Stubai 45° V-Tools are noted on the tool as a form 47. This v-tool has two sides that are each 12mm that form together to create a 45° V. To sharpen a V-Tool, sharpen each side of the V like a regular chisel.